With vanilla or nutmeg.
From the box of C.N. from De Soto, Kansas.
2 c. scalded milk
2 eggs (good size)
1/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla or grating of nutmeg
- Scald milk in double boiler.
- Beat egg slightly and add sugar.
- Add scalded milk to egg and sugar.
[NOTE: let the milk cool after scalding.]
- Add flavoring.
- Stiur until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into cups or one large baking dish.
- Grate a little nutmeg on top.
- Set baking dish in hot water.
- Bake in a moderate oven until a knife piercing it will come out clean.
- Do not allow the water in the pan to boil.