Something sweet for your valentine?
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
2 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 Tbsp. butter
1 or 2 squares chocolate
[1/2 c. chopped nuts, if desired]
- Mix sugar, milk, and grated chocolate.
- Cook mixture, stirring frequently, until mixture forms a soft ball when tried in cold water.
- Remove from fire.
- Add butter, but do not stir.
- When lukewarm add vanilla and beat until it is creamy.
- Spread in a buttered pan.
- When it hardens mark into squares.
- If desired 1/2 c. chopped nuts may be added just before beating it.