Yeah, it says Cathern.
I’m not trying to be mysterious, but I’m working on an exhaustive post of Cathern/Catherine’s background, so I’m going to keep this explanation simple: she was the daughter of Russian immigrants and was named Katrina, but went by Cathern in middle school and Catherine in high school. That’s also why the style of signature changes–she hadn’t been signing her name that way all that long.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
- The same proportions as for rolled oats.
- Sprinkle oats into boiling salted water.
- Boil over direct heat from 3 to 5 minutes according to preference.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Quick oats may be steamed in a double boiler for 20 minutes instead of cooking over direct heat.
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. boiling water