For drinking or jelly-making.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
1. Grape Juice
- Wash and pick grapes from stem. Discard all bruised and spoiled grapes.
- Put into kettle and crush slightly.
- Heat slowly and boil until soft.
- Cover sieve or colander with cheesecloth. Pour fruit into colander and drain.
- Draw edges of cheesecloth together and twist to get all the juice. Add a little water to the pulp. Re-cook and make second extraction.
- Measure juice and allow 3/4 c. of sugar for each 4 c. of juice.
- Let juice without sugar boil up. Pull off fire and skim.
- Add sugar; stir until dissolved and boil 5 minutes.
- Fill sterilized jars and seal. For drink dilute one half. Do not add sugar if juice is to be used later for jelly.