Served a mushroom and onion sauce.
From the box of L.R. from Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
For rice or noodles.
- 1-1/2 lbs. of ground beef
- 2 cups of crushed crackers (Zesta works well)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 t. of poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce, several shakes
- Texas Pete, couple of shakes
- 2 Tbsp. of powder from package of onion soup (some onion will pour out–o.k.!)
- 1 cup of milk (if 1%, add 1/2 c. of light evaporated milk and 1/2 c. milk)
Mix crushed crackers, milk, and eggs. Then poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, soy sauce, and Texas Pete, and onion soup powder. Stir, then add ground beef–mix well–will make about 4 dozen small balls.
Fry–take 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, add some evaporated milk, rest of onion soup. Simmer. Remove from stove and add sour cream.