It wouldn’t upset me if some chocolate found its way into this.
From a box sold in Canby, Oregon.
Whole Wheat Flour Banana Bread
2 c. whole wheat
1-1/2 [tsp.] baking powder
1/4 [tsp.] salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
3 large bananas
1 tsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 T. sour milk
1 c. nuts
Method (provided by Yesterdish)
- Mash bananas and sugar together with a fork. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Mix sour milk, lemon juice, beaten eggs, and melted butter. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Combine the banana mixture and the butter mixture together. Then, stir the flour mixture into the combined banana and butter mixture until just incorporated. Fold in nuts. Let stand for between 2 and 10 minutes, depending on the type of baking powder (for most powders, closer to 10; for non-aluminum powders, 2).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.