It looks like they didn’t finish writing this card, so I’ll help.
From a box sold in Columbiaville, Michigan.
Cream of Celery Soup
(Freezes well.) Serves 10.
1 c. chopped celery
1/8 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
1 qt. chicken broth
1/2 c. light cream or canned milk
1/4 t. white pepper
salt to taste
Melt butter and add flour, celery, and onion–cook till tender. Add 1/2 qt. of chicken broth.
Cooking method (provided by Yesterdish)
- Melt butter; add celery and onion. Saute until vegetables are tender and onions are translucent. Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring.
- Add stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes. If using an immersion blender, proceed immediately; if using a traditional blender, let soup cool before blending.
- Use blender to puree soup until smooth. If using a traditional blender, return to pot.
- Heat soup to medium, but do not boil, unless curdled cream appeals to you. (Yes, I know the cream isn’t in the soup yet, but you’re going to add it soon, so why get close to the danger zone?)
- Remove from heat. Before serving, add salt, white pepper, and cream. Stir.