Pork chops with a Louisiana twist.
A family recipe provided by Jennifer Kiel of Washington, DC.
This is for 2 people. Double for 4.
- 2 lean pork chops
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped with tops. Use plain onion if you don’t have green onions.
- 1/3 cup green pepper
- 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 2/3 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt. I use one clove of garlic.
- dash of red pepper sauce
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown chops on both sides in skillet. Remove and drain off all drippings except 2 teaspoons.
- Add onions, celery, peppers and garlic. Saute.
- Stir in rice, broth, and seasonings.
- Bring to boil; add chops. Cover and bake at 350 deg., 30 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Fluff rice with fork and serve.
Yesterdish suggestion: Consider seasoning the chops with…
- 2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 2 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I know the recipe has this, but it goes into the onions, not on the chops)
This would give them a bit more of an andouille sausage flavor. Or, y’know, throw in some sausage. Also, use both white and green onion, not one or the other.