With raisins and walnuts.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
5. Plum Conserve
3 qt. plums
1/2 lb. seeded raisins
1/2 lb. shelled English walnuts
3/4 c. sugar to each cup mixture
- Wash plums and seed; cut in small pieces or place through a food chopper.
- Remove the white part from 1/4 of an orange rind and cut up the yellow part or put raisins through chopper.
- Measure the mixture and to each cup add 3/4 c. of sugar.
- Mix well and cook slowly, stirring constantly until of consistency of jelly.
- Remove from fire–add broken nuts.
- Pour into sterile glasses and cover with paraffin.
Yesterdish reminder: Sealing with paraffin doesn’t make it shelf-stable.