“My own, all the way.” I think it’s true–I haven’t found anything quite like it.
From the box of L.R. from Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Beef + Macaroni (Serves 4-5)
Cook 3/4 cup of macaroni in only slightly salted water.
In small fry pan, add 1/2 lb. of ground beef. Add 1 Tbsp. cooking oil if beef seems dry. Heat beef only until red leaves.
- Small amount of dehydrated onion or finely chopped fresh onion
- 1-2 Tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. of beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. of “Barbecue Sauce with Onion” (Kraft’s)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
(Less ketchup results in less acidity.)
Add to ground beef. Stir. Mix with cooked, drained macaroni. Pour into shallow casserole and top with cheddar cheese; shake Parmesan over top (if desired).
Bake until cheese melts, about 20-25 minutes.
(My own, all the way.) Louise