With pork, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
From a box sold in Martinez, California.
Eggplant Szechuan Style
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 t. each sugar and vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. salt
dash of pepper
1 large eggplant or oriental eggplant
3 T. salad oil
1/2 pound boneless lean pork finely chopped or ground
2 whole green onions finely chopped
1 t. minced ginger
2 t. minced garlic
1 t. cornstarch
1 t. water
1 t. sesame oil
- Cut eggplant into one inch pieces.
- Mix ginger, garlic, cornstarch, water, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Add oil to a hot wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant wedges and ground pork to hot oil and cook till seared.
- Add sauce mixture to pan and stir; lower heat to medium-low after sauce thickens.
- Toss with green onions and serve.