A bit of a rich cake. Assuming we cut this into eight pieces, each piece will have two tablespoons of oil (from the cake) and two tablespoons of margarine (from the frosting).
Now, I know desserts are supposed to be rich and all, but we’re talking about 440 calories before we add any cake mix, sugar, nuts, or strawberries. Doing a little back-of-the-envelope math:
- 255 calories in 1/8 box of Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 240 cal. from 2 Tbsp. oil
- 200 cal. from 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 80 calories in 1/8 package Strawberry Jell-o
- 65 cal. from 2 Tbsp. walnuts
- 57 calories in 1/8 of a 1-pound box of powdered sugar
- 15 calories from 1/8 of a 12-ounce package of strawberries
- 7 calories in 1/8 of 2 Tbsp. flour
Then if this cake is cut into eight pieces, each slice will come in around 839 calories, putting it just above a no-mayo Double Whopper with Cheese (810 calories) and just under three full-size Snickers bars (888 calories).
From the box of C.C. from Ceres, California.
1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberry Jell-o
1 box frozen strawberries
1 c. oil
1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. chopped nuts
Use 3/4 c. strawberries for cake and 1/4 c. for icing.
1/4 c. frozen strawberries
1 c. margarine
1 box of powdered sugar
Mix all above together. Bake at 350 deg. oven, 30-35 minutes.
From the kitchen of Carol Chadwick