Or banana loaf. Whatever.
Sour milk is just literally sour milk. If you have a moral objection to expired milk, substitute buttermilk. Failing that, use fresh milk if you must, though you’ll be missing some of the tangy goodness.
From a box sold in San Antonio, Texas.
Nut Bread or Banana Loaf
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 ripe bananas
3 T. sour milk
1 t. baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 cup nut meats
Nut Bread or Banana Loaf method provided by Yesterdish:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan with butter and dust with flour (or line with nonstick foil).
- Mash bananas and sugar together. Melt butter.
- Mix melted butter, eggs, and sour milk into banana and sugar mixture. Beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients just till incorporated but still lumpy.
- Fold nuts into mixture.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Tap firmly on the counter to avoid large air pockets.
- Bake for about an hour or until internal temperature reaches 210F.